Sat, Nov 25|
Salem Acres Bible Camp
November Work Bee
Come and help us fix up camp and get it ready for winter
Time & Location
Nov 25, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Salem Acres Bible Camp, 21442 AB-590, Elnora, AB T0M 0Y0, Canada
About the event
Hello, friends of Salem Acres!
We are hosting a Work Bee on November 25th where we hope to complete projects around camp as well as prepare and clean camp for the winter months.
All skill levels are welcome for this time of fellowship, community, and shared labour. I understand that it can be hard to find time between work and family but whole families are welcome to come out and enjoy our campground.
Coffee, snacks and lunch will be provided for everyone and if you are interested in staying longer supper can be provided for as well so please let us know so we can plan food amounts!
Below I have listed a number of our projects, please let me know what you would be comfortable doing or what your work experience is so you can be settled into one of the project teams. I hope to see old and new faces alike!
Thank you for considering coming out this winter! I hope to see you there!
- Jared Davison, Facilities CoordinatorProjects
Jared Davison will have a list of the project Teams and they will also be listed on the Dining Hall Bulletin Board. Below is a list of all the active projects.
Depending on turnout we will have split into small teams to work on several cabins simultaneously.
- Bathroom Doors and baseboard: We have two portable air compressors
- Bathroom counter and sinks
- Toilets (only two left): Water is presently off.
- Mounting and connecting the Tankless heaters (the two bottom cabins)
- For questions concerning these tasks check-in with Jared Davison or Anthony Martin
- Clear out the side room of broken toys and shelves. Install new shelves after cleaning the space to store the camp plaque overflow.
- Gather up all of the camp plaques; they are both in the maintenance office and the a-frame.
- This years plaques (2023) can replace the existing plaques in the dining hall
- Some of the plaques in good repair can be selected to line the A-Frame ledges
- All other plaques can be stored in the A-Frame Side room once that space is clean
- Go through bedding to determine what is in good repair or what needs replacing. Will keep a continual cycle of laundry going throughout the day till blankets and sheets are all clean
- Go through kitchen supplies and dishes to determine what is outdated/broken and what is still in good repair. Clean supplies and cupboards.
- Take down old bulletin boards and dated ornamentations (animals, branches, etc…) these can be thrown away or given to volunteers who would like them.
- All windows cleaned (Exteriors as weather allows).
- Clean out the back corner beside the laundry machines so shelves can be installed for extra supplies
Dining Hall Complex:
- After cleaning and patching scraps on the dining hall walls move on to paint touch-ups
- Clear out the dining hall laundry room and clean the water tanks (remove any defunct equipment), repair/repaint the walls, repair shelves/mop sink, remove old flooring and replace with the extra from the outdoor cabins
- Clean out the back pantry room. Remove anything old, broken, or expired and fix the shelving so overflow supplies can be stored there (cleaned out ice cream pails, coolers, boxes and milk crates). If needed repaint the room.
Meals and Snacks:
If anyone is interested or would prefer to help by preparing the meals and snacks for the Work Bee please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details, this frees up some of the onsite staff to help with the different projects.